Monday, March 20, 2017

Froberger, Johann Jacob. (1616-1667) The Complete music for Harpsichord and Organ. CD 11. Partitas from secondary sources, (VI)

New acquisition.
Bought in 2016.
First listen: 20-3-2017.
Label: Brilliant.
CD 11 from 16.
Recording dates: March 2016.
Recording venue: Saletta Acustica Eric James Pove del Grappa, Vicenza, Italy.
Recording engineer: Alessandro Simonetto.
Running time: 52:13.
Classical relevance to me: Essential.

Works performed:
See heading.

Works performed by:
Simone Stella.
Instrument: William Horn after Ioannes Ruckers, 1638.

Since I will not repeat myself in all the 16 CD'S I just say that to me they are perfect, all of them. Interpretation and sound are right in my ally, and although I will acquire Bob van Asperen's take on Froberger, these Brilliant recordings will be for me the first on the list.
Perfectly recorded. Recommended.



Baroque Bass Cantatas from the Mügeln Archive.

New acquisition. Date of purchase: September 2017. First listen: 25-9-2017. Label: CPO. Recording dates: December 2010. Venue: Gemeinde...